Here are six easy steps to set up your Timeline:
1. Log on and click: Navigate to your account and click “About Timeline,” which can be found here.
2. Get Timeline: Scroll down to the bottom right of the page and click “Get Timeline.” If you have no desire to make edits and instantly go live with your timeline, scroll back up to the top and click “Publish Now” to finish.
3. Editing: Staying on your profile page, scroll down and edit any status updates, pictures and links by highlighting your cursor over the pencil icon on the upper right of any post.
The words “Edit or Remove” will show up. By clicking the pencil you now have a few options. First you can change the date or add a location. Next you can chose to “Hide from Timeline” or “Delete Post.” Lastly, you can choose “Report/Mark as Spam” if there are unwanted posts left on your wall.
4. Highlight and Expand Your Best Posts: If you would like to “feature” any posts click the star icon to the left of the pencil icon. That item will now expand all the way across the page, made larger for all your friends to see.
5. Cover Photo: This is the main image users will see at the top of your page. You have the option to select a current picture from your albums or upload one from the desktop. This cover photo will stretch across the page and is a great way to present oneself.
6. Publish Now: Once you’ve made edits and feel comfortable with your layout scroll to the top of the Timeline and click “Publish Now.” That’s it, enjoy the new layout!