Looking to hire a “social media expert,” awesome just make sure they’re not an idiot. See below.
- They claim they are “social media experts” when they have less Twitter followers than shots made by Lebron James during fourth quarter.
- On the other hand, if they have a significant amount of followers, they act like they are the biggest influencers since Jesus Christ.
- #They #feel #the #need #hashtag #everything, #even #in #emails #and #sometimes #text #messaging.
- Their main selling point when selling their services to companies is “I can get you lots of followers on Twitter and likes on Facebook!”
- Aside from gaining followers, they can’t give you a concrete answer if you inquire on the last time they used social media to make themselves or a company income.
- They feel the need to announce to everyone they are participating in a social media outlet at any given time to prove their “expertise in social media”. (ex. “Look! I just walked into a restaurant, let me check in on Foursquare! Let me go on Facebook and tag you! Let me Instigram this! I am so Yelping this when I get home!”).
- They attend every single social media event and act like a boss because they have “more followers than you.”
- They must tweet/update their status whenever they are with someone with more social media influence–EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. (ex. Eating lunch with @personIamsuckinguptowithhopesIcanusehimorhertogetmorefollowers)
- They’ll break out in hives if they don’t check their iPhone/Android/Blackberry every five minutes.
- They try to one-up you during every conversation. (ex. Have you heard of *insert random new social media start-up no on has ever heard of*? It is the BIGGEST thing right now)
Have any more things that social media idiots do? Comment below!