Facebook is a great way to help both current and rising stars get their name and product seen. That said, there are techniques that can be used, on the social networking site, to help one promote his or her brand online.
1. Create A Custom Facebook URL:
Though one may consider this an obvious tip, it is quite amazing how many well-known personalities have not customized their Facebook URL.
In order to allow your fans the ability to find you with ease, consider using a simple URL that they can remember.
For example, if your name is Jane Doe, a URL such as facebook.com/JaneDoe could create a more effortless approach for your fans, in their quest to find you. This way, they don’t have to scramble around for your name. Also, it is more visually appealing when you display the link.
To do this, simply login to Facebook and:
Of course, beware, as there are a few pointers you will need to know before hastily changing your URL:
- You will only be allowed to change your Facebook URL once, so choose wisely.
- You will need to wait until you hit 25 fans on your Page before you are allowed to customize your URL.
2. Target By Location and Language:
Facebook also allows status updates to be made on your fan page based on location and language. This is extremely useful if you were an artists trying to promote a show at a specific city or wanting to interact with certain fans.
To do this, you must have a Facebook fan Page. This cannot be done through your personal Facebook page.
- Type what ever message you want in your status box.
- Click on the public bar and select ‘Location and Language.’
- Choose which fans you want to see your message by either location or language!
3. Utilize The Facebook Insights Feature:
Many aren’t familiar with the benefits that Facebook Insights offers. With this feature, you can not only see the amount of activity within your fan Page, but also the type of demographic you are drawing. This is very useful when considering advertising deals with outside companies, as you will be able to see if your demographic aligns with the specific online medium.
Facebook Insights are conveniently located directly under your profile picture on the top left.