If you like giving your friends make-overs and think you have what it takes to become the next, hottest makeup artist, then gather your brushes and favorite makeup palette because you could become YouTube’s next makeup guru!
The winner will win a year supply of L’Oréal makeup and hair products, a trip to New York City where they will be pampered at L’Oréal USA and have their winning video featured on the Destination Beauty channel.
According to the video announcement, made by YouTube Make-up Guru Kandee Johnson, L’Oréal has specific rules and guidelines you must follow:
1. The video can only be four minutes long.
2. You have to be the only person in the video.
3. No music can be added due to copyright issues.
The video announcement goes on to explain that the video will be judged on three areas of criteria:
1. How well you give instructions.
2. The quality of the video production, such as camera work and lighting.
3. End result—how did your makeup turn out?
A full list of the rules and guidelines can be found here.