As you all probably know, YouTube has been slowly rolling out a new layout to a selected few individuals. I outlined 3 of the key changes last week that should benefit creators and viewers alike. NMR received a tip earlier today that pointed us to a blog post on how you can experience YouTube’s new layout for yourself. Check out the steps below:
1. Open YouTube.com in a new tab
2. Load your browser’s developer console:
- Chrome – press Ctrl+Shift+J for Windows/Linux/ChromeOS or Command-Option-J for Mac
- Firefox – press Ctrl+Shift+K for Windows/Linux or Command-Option-K for Mac
- Opera – press Ctrl+Shift+I for Windows/Linux or Command-Option-I for Mac, then click “Console”
- Safari – check this article
- Internet Explorer – press F12 and select the “Console” tab.
3. Paste the following code which changes a YouTube cookie:
document.cookie=”VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE=jZNC3DCddAk; path=/; domain=.youtube.com”;window.location.reload();
4. Voila! You should now have YouTube’s new layout!
*If you want to go back to the standard UI, follow the same steps, but use the following code:
document.cookie=”VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE=; path=/; domain=.youtube.com”;window.location.reload()