Big news for YouTube partners using Google+. Soon, creators will be able to connect their YouTube channels with an active Google+ page.
The process will be streamlined so that a creator’s YouTube channel and Google+ page will share the same name and avatar, and that’s just one of the perks of connecting accounts.
According to a post made by YouTube in April, additional benefits of connecting Google+ and YouTube include:
1. The ability to have multiple channel managers as well as a uniform login I.D for all of your channels.
2. The option to choose a name that both your channel and Google+ page will share.
3. Live Hangout capabilities, a YouTube tab on your Google+ page and more options for video sharing.
YouTube is offering four different options when linking channels and pages including:
1. Linking your YouTube channel with an existing Google+ page.
2. Creating a new Google+ page that will share your channel’s name.
3. Picking a new name that both accounts will share as well as creating a new Google+ page.
4. Connecting your channel to your existing Google+ profile (YouTube recommends connecting to a page instead).
To get started, click the “Connect With a Google+ Page” option in your advanced account settings menu.
For more on making your YouTube channel the best around/nothing’s ever gonna keep it down: