The browser extension company wrote on its blog this morning that they’d heard the hundreds of thousands who have been campaigning against the changes “loud and clear” and thus developed a new YouTube Customizer page.
Adblock’s YouTube Customizer allows users to block a slew of YouTube “annoyances”:
- Suggested Videos
- Featured Videos in the Endscreen
- Recommended Videos in the Endscreen
- Sharing tab in the description
- In-Video Annotations
- Related Channels on Channel Pages
- Featured Channels on Channel Pages
- Popular Channels on Channel Pages
- Recommended Channels on the Homepage
The Germany-based Adblock Plus was founded as an open source project in 2006 and counts more than 50 million users today. In addition to now letting users tweak their YouTube experience, Adblock Plus can also strip Facebook and Twitter of user irritants.