Every successful YouTuber has a “thing” they are known for. Hannah Hart is known for drunk cooking, Tay Zonday is known for his surprisingly deep voice, Shane Dawson is known for blackface. Now, when you think of puns, you may first think of the Holy Trinity and their uncanny ability to turn everything into a dirty pun. But there is another YouTuber who has unquestionably made puns for all ages HIS thing, for better or worse.
American-in-the-UK ‘Tuber Evan Edinger is well known for his groan-worthy jokes, more often than not of the pun variety. Seriously, search “Evan Edinger pun” on YouTube and you’ll get back more than enough results to keep you occupied.
And, to make sure no more of them get lost in the unending fast lane of the internet, we’ve compiled some of his best most recent ones (yes, best most recent — he puns so often that going back any farther than a few months would require far too much manpower and hours than there are in a day) so you can take a look, gently lay your head down on your desk, and cry yourself to sleep so you don’t have to read any more puns.
1. What’s a new year without a new pun?
2. The only kind of Kesha joke I’ll accept.
3. Go ahead, get to groaning.
4. At least he knows it?
5. If you’re careful, you can miss this one.
6. Does curryosity kill the cat, too? Or is that just curiosity?
7. When the rubber nose fits.
8. Stick a fork in him, he’s done.
9. I think we’re all one step closer to the edge now, Evan.
10. I mean, he’s not wrong.
11. As is this pun.
12. Is this a t-shirt?
13. The Lost Boys must tell so many puns there.
14. What matters here is the realization that this probably really happened.
15. They do say don’t speak ill of the dead, and, technically, he’s not.
16. Double puns? Yeah, we’ll need caffeine for that.
17. Wonder how long he sat on this one.
18. I hope she didn’t dessert him after this.
19. Okay, you can’t complain about a ginger joke.
20. You could, but must you?
21. Oh, but it’s better if you don’t.
Now that you’ve made it through this small, small sampling alive and hopefully minimally scathed, I should let you know that there are endless more puns to be found on Evan’s YouTube channel, Twitter, and Tumblr. Take that as a suggestion or as a warning, the choice is yours.